Monday, February 14, 2011

Single's Awareness Day

 Like many other poor, unfortunate souls, I'm still searching for some one to buy chocolates, heart shaped pizzas, and cheesy hallmark greeting cards for. For the 18th year in a row. What I fail to understand, however, is why single people always get so bummed out around Valentine's day. I mean, sure it's kind of lonely flying solo on a day meant for couples, but there are some things about it that single people can still enjoy. For instance:
-it's an excuse to wear colors that would normally be considered unfashionable together at the same time (fuchsia, light pink, and red all at once? hello!)
-when else can you watch 5 chick flicks back to back without it being completely lame?
-sitcom specials (call me crazy, but this is something I look forward to)
-next week, all the chocolates that couples paid $10 to buy for their significant others this week will be on sale for $2. Five times the chocolate for the same price? Yes, Please!
And anyway, the longer I spend becoming a unique person on my own, the cooler Valentine's day will be because I'll meet someone who will love me for all the quirks I've developed over the years. I'd rather wait for the write person, than rush into anything just to be paired up on Valentine's day.
And, hey, there's always next year for all that couple-y stuff. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment