Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Every Time He's There

There is a God and He is faithful.

I'm reminded of this every time I wake up healthy enough to live another day.

Every time I pick up my guitar and notice that I'm playing a teensy bit better than I did the last time.

Every time I look in the fridge and see that there's enough food to provide for myself and my family.

Every time I pray for my safety while I'm scared and come through it unscathed.

Every time I walk into the church and see 50 or so friends who I never would have met otherwise.

Every time I open my mouth to sing and an improvised praise song comes out without my having thought about it.

Every time I think about something stupid I've done and it occurs to me that I'm loved anyway.

God is there when I'm bitter about my challenges and He loves me just as much then as when I'm spontaneously singing His praises in my bedroom. He loves me when I'm an idiot and when I'm... not such an idiot (although, to Him, I guess I'm an idiot even then). He loves me for my strengths and for my flaws.

And that's pretty mind-blowing.

2 comments:

  1. Our God is an Awesome God! (This song exists for a reason!) It's always great when you stop and think about that ^_^ Just puts me in such a good mood...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is simply beautiful I think. :-)

    Fickle Cattle
    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete