Sunday, May 8, 2011

NOTICE: Blog changes

Hey, guys! :)

So, here's the deal. My blog didn't end up being as much about college as I thought it would be, and I've decided that I would rather change the blog's layout and such to reflect the direction my blog is currently taking then change my topics to match what I had originally planned this blog to be about.

In order to make my blog more consistent, I've decided to start working on a new layout. The format should still be more or less the same as before, it'll just look different. I intend to make the changes gradually over the course of the next month or so (or less, if it doesn't take as long as I expect it will), as to not shell-shock anyone.

I'm also going to be changing the blog's name from "The College Chronicles" to "Based on a True Story", since most of my posts are either my observations of true events, or dramatizations of things that have actually happened to me (also, I came up with "The College Chronicles" because I needed to have a header, not because I particularly liked the idea to begin with).

I intend to keep the URL the same for now, since I can't find an available one to match my new title. If I ever decide to change my URL in the future, though, I will give at least one week's notice and tag the first few posts as my old URL, just to make sure no one gets lost.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience these changes may cause, but I would like to make them now, since my blog is still quite small. I think that putting these changes in place should allow me to write without feeling constrained by my theme. As a result, I think that it will make this blog better.

Thanks for your patience!
Brittney

3 comments:

  1. I noticed a few little changes... I say go for it! I like the changes you've made so far (especially the 'life list' one -- I'm thinking I might steal that idea...)
    I'm considering changing the name of my blog too, although I haven't got any ideas yet. It's just that if someone were to ask the reason for the name of my blog I wouldn't have a good explanation (actually I don't have any explanation at all). So if you have any suggestions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dissatisfied with the title and the layout of my blog (particularly the background) for a long time, now, and contemplating the idea of changing things for almost a month. I didn't start earlier because I just came up with my new title a few nights ago. But if I manage to come up with a clever idea for your blog, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I changed my background too. It reminds me of a lot of my dad's record album covers from the eighties so I figured it was rather fitting since I'm been posting a lot of music stuff lately.
    Thanks! Actually I'm glad you posted this because today I was reading through the blogs I follow and for a split second thought 'What is this 'Based On A True Story?'' before I remembered. :-)

    ReplyDelete