Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sartorial Saturdays

One of my favorite hobbies is fashion, so this is a new series of posts I'll be trying to see if I can get it to translate well to my blog. If it works, it might just become a more permanent feature. Hopefully you all enjoy it.

I just bought the most Amazing. Thing. Ever. No joke.

Allow me to backtrack a little, my mom and I went to the mall today, and there's this one store that we have a habit of checking out even though we never intend to buy anything there.
It's called Aritzia, and although they are best known for their super comfortable TNA hoodies (I didn't find so, but that's another day's post, I daresay), they sell other articles of clothing, too.

As usual, we went in. And as usual, we found overpriced jeans, t-shirts loudly proclaiming the logos of their brands, and dresses that were no doubt created to be worn on the runway but not in real life.

Nonchalantly, I rested my hand on an inconspicuous looking blazer. What is this?!? My mind did a double take as I looked down at it and slowly came to an amazing realization: it wasn't a blazer at all; it was a hoodie in disguise!(cue the music)

Suddenly, all the possibilities were swarming through my head: I could wear it to work, to church, to school, with jeans or a dress, or slacks...they seemed endless.

It had all the comfort of a warm sweater combined with all the professionalism of a blazer. I HAD to have it!

I braced myself and checked the price tag: $110. I sighed. Even with being employed at a well paying job now, I couldn't afford to spend that much on a sweater. If only I wasn't such a tightwad. I left the store.

We were in the next store for quite some time, but nothing stood out to me. All I could think of was that beautiful "blazer" in the next store...I couldn't resist, I had to buy it anyway.

We went back to Aritzia, and I found my size. Paying for it was certainly not easy (seeing as even half that price would strike me as pricey for a sweater), and a near disaster struck when I realised the tag stated it was "dry clean only" (the manager and the employee who was helping me both insisted that it should be fine on the gentle cycle if left to air dry), but in the end, I did buy it.

And I surprise myself. I'm not even feeling buyer's remorse over it. But then look at it. How could I?


1 comment: