Thursday, May 5, 2011

8 Terrifying Things

So, I've done a lot of posts on things I really like, so today I've decided to change it up and list some things that scare the crap out of me. Please note that the things on this list are not necessarily dangerous (although some are), just terrifying. So here goes:

1) Wasps. Number one on my list and also my number one phobia. Angry little insects that have the potential to hurt you, and they will. Just because they can...(shudder)

2) Those Commercials With the Talking Babies. The mere idea that they could discuss the weather with you while you change their diaper is nothing short of terrifying. Seriously, they send chills up my spine.

3) Wave Particle Duality. Light is a particle, but it's also a wave. Trying to wrap your head around this physics principle is like taking a drug-free acid trip. Also, the light apparently knows when it's being watched. Pretty scary stuff. It also probably didn't help that I had to watch this video when learning about it. Seriously, you only need to watch a couple seconds to realise why I wouldn't touch the stuff with a thirty-nine-and-a-half-foot pole now. :P

4) People Who Get Plastic Surgery to Look More Like Animals. WHY would any sane person want this?!? Enough said.

5) Nuclear Winter. If this happened, it would pretty much remove my will to live. I hate winter 4 (Or 5, or 6) months of the year, it's safe to say I would not be able to bear 12.  Not that I'd still be alive; it's the result of nuclear war, but you know what I mean...

6) 'Designer Babies' common', folks! Step right up and choose your baby's eye color. Or why not try our "combo pack" and choose your baby's entire genetic makeup for a nice, low price? What a repulsive idea on so many levels...

7) The Aquarium Aisle in the Pet Store. Where to begin here? The semi darkness? The awareness that if a fish were to jump out of the tank, you wouldn't see it. You'd be steppin' on that puppy...er, fish? The fact that the only light is tinged an eerie blue and shines out of row upon row of fishy prisons? The list goes on and on...

8) How Even Though Facebook is Boring and Compromises our Privacy, We're All Addicted to it. Seriously, when you regret not being able to access facebook from your phone, and you spend more time typing to people then talking to people, then you know it's time to cut back. We all need rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment