Thursday, October 20, 2011

Driving

Call me crazy, but commuting is actually my favorite part of the day. It's just me, my music, and whoever happens to be watching me rock out from the car next to mine when I'm stuck in traffic (which is pretty much inevitable, given my current school schedule).

At church, I only get to sing worship music, and at school, I only get to sing classical. Not that I want or expect things to be any different, but there's just something very liberating about being able to sing along to whatever I want, as loudly and as badly as I want. The only other place I get that kind of freedom is in the shower, and even there, the echo keeps me from ever wanting to go for a crazily high note just to see if I can pull it off.

And then there are the people. They're stuck in traffic, and grouchy, then they look over at me, having a blast being stuck in the same situation. It makes some people even grouchier to see me having so much fun, but every so often it makes the person crack a smile when I make eye contact, grin, and go back to acting as though no one was watching.

The best though, are the days when I'm a little bit angry and it's warm enough to roll down the window. I crank the music and sing along regardless, no doubt sounding like an obnoxious teenager who stumbled here straight from the 80's. To be just a little bit loud and annoying sometimes is such a nice escape from the pathologically polite (seriously, if some one bumps into me, I will apoligize to them), timid person I usually am.

Maybe I'm just nuts, but it all makes me very happy. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Yay for singing while commuting! It makes me very happy too! :-D
    Actually I never realised how much I loved singing while driving until the dance schedule came out and I realised that my sister would have to come with me because her class is right after mine. It really surprised me just how bummed out I was that I wouldn't have that whole two hours to myself to rock out...

    ReplyDelete