Thursday, March 24, 2011

If my Life was a Detective Novel...

It was a grey Thursday afternoon, and the quiet threat of snow was in the sky. It was the type of weather that would resign most souls to their living room sofa and a good chapter book. But the monotony of life had driven me out of my home and to the intelligence agency (college), where fate sent me some solace in the form of a case.

Police Sketch

 I was driving home from the agency when I saw it: the strangest looking car pulling into a gas station. I couldn't believe my luck: THE GAME WAS AFOOT! I applied all my spare attention (I was driving after all, and solving this illustrious case could not come at the expense of public safety) to taking a qood mental photograph of the singular automobile. It was almost completely round with the exception of a small bump for the motor at the front. It had a huge, quarter-circle shaped front window and a tiny porthole behind it which I deduced would provide a vantage point for those in the back seat. Figuring out that it was not a new electric car became elementary as it pulled into a gas station.
Then it hit me how difficult this case may be to solve. I was able to describe it's appearence, but I knew nothing of it's make or model. And I would have to work quickly to avoid losing memory of what little data I did have. When I arrived at my office, I quickly drew a sketch of what I had seen to buy myself some time. My first instinct was to consult with my brother, whose knowledge of motor vehicles was nothing short of impressive, but alas he was unavailabe. An hour later, time was running out, my memory was beginning to fade and I had to act soon or else lose the case forever.
Photo From Wikipedia
I turned on my computer and openned my browser to google.ca. I had the vast knowledge of the internet at my disposal, but nothing I typed into the search bar seemed to yeild any relevant results. Just when I thought my case had hit a dead end, I remembered once reading once about a car that looked like a snail. It was worth a try: I google'd Snail Car, and halfway down the page my patience was rewarded with an exact replica of my memory. I was hot on the scent! I clicked on it and discovered that it was a Nissan S-Cargo. I chuckled at the clever name and discovered that it was extremely rare, with only 12,000 of them in existance when they were produced in the 1980's. Mystery solved. I had seen a relic and remembered what it looked like long enough to realise the significance of it-

You know, it just occurred to me that maybe I've been reading Sherlock Holmes just a little too much, lately... :)

1 comment:

  1. So funny! Love the police sketch.
    You know, that's a neat little car... or van or whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete