Friday, October 22, 2010

Close Call

So unlike my little laptop fiasco last week, this week's "adventure" could actually have killed my GPA. It's still a few notches below nearly being hit by that semi on the intensity meter, but still it was pretty scary.
It was about 8:00 an I was chilling out, fairly confident that I would do well on tomorrow's midterm when DUN DUN DUNNNNN....my lab manual was missing!

Yes, my lab manual. The precious notebook that I had spent hours lovingly filling with data about every rock an mineral imaginable. Data that would be available to me to access during the midterm. Data that, if entered correctly and carefully, would maybe provide me with the information I needed to get an okay grade on said midterm.

I couldn't believe it. All those hours spent filling in boxes, all those days dragging myself out of bed at 5:30 in the morning, all those Friday night outings that had to be sacrificed in the name of getting some much needed rest. All for naught. I bolted around the house, tears streaming down my face, desperately praying that it would turn up, and frantically checking every concievable place it could have somehow found it's way to.

Finally, I had to admit defeat. It was not in the house. My mom suggested that it might have accidentally been recycled (which, as you can imagine, was a prospect I didn't even want to entertain). I decided to go to the school and check my locker. 8:15. If I hit every green light and didn't run into traffic, I might just make it on time to get inside. For the whole half hour drive, I was sobbing quietly, still praying that maybe, I might have just forgotten that I left it there.

Well, long story short, God came through for me (again). I arrived at school ten minutes before the day's final class was scheduled to end, went down to my locker, still sort of crying, but also praying aloud. I opened my locker, took a deep breath and...there it was. In all it's taped up glory.

And the midterm? I don't think I aced it, but I certainly didn't fail it. I'm hoping for a 75%. We'll see in a couple weeks, I guess. Until then, I'm really grateful to have found the thing, because without it, I almost certainly would have failed. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment