Monday, July 11, 2011

Guess What Time it is?!?!

It's embarrassing confession time!!! Yay!!!!!

So, without further ado: I am 19 years old, and I still don't know my right from left.

It's pretty humiliating any time lefts and rights come into play, but especially so during driver's ed last summer. My driving instructor would keep telling me to turn one way, and I'd turn the other way. Not because I was trying to make her angry or because I didn't understand what she was asking, it's because I sucked at choosing the correct direction. Her and I didn't get along very well, so she took every wrong turn as a personnal affront against her instruction, so it pretty much made my lessons with her all suck, seeing as I sure wasn't going to admit to her what my problem was.

This is where it gets REALLY embarassing.  Because when I start forgetting things that I should have learnt in kindergarten, I apparently can't stop. When I try the "Make the L's" trick, I can't even remember which way an L is supposed to face. Not that it would really matter in the above scenario because using the "L" trick would involve driving with no hands. Which is not safe.

So yeah, now you know my deep, dark secret. Feel free to mock me in the comments section. ;)

1 comment:

  1. The same thing happens to me when I try the 'L' thing because depending which way your hand faces either one can make an 'L' so I don't know whether the backs of my hands are supposed to face me or the palms... and I also temporarily forget which direction an 'L' goes. One thing that's worked for my siblings though is 'which hand do you write with? That's your right (or left) hand.'
    Works real well on us ambidextrous people though... not.

    In driver training I never actually turned the wrong way, but I had a problem with turning left as she asked while signalling right and vice versa.
    And then I got it in my head that left turns are the dangerous ones where you almost die. So that pretty much solved that problem.

    ReplyDelete