Friday, July 1, 2011

People Watching on Urban Dictionary

Have you ever searched your own name on urbandictionary.com?

I look up "Brittney" sometimes for a laugh. I find the ones that are nothing like me pretty hilarious. Like the last time I did it, there was one about how "you don't want to mess with a Brittney". Which was funny because I'm polite to the point of being a pushover. You have to have pretty thick skin to get enjoyment out of it, though, because pretty nasty stuff can come up.

I also do it because it's fun to guess what type of relationship to a Brittney the author has in their life. There's:

1) The guy who is secretly in love with a girl named Brittney
 But he's too shy to express his feelings to her face, and so he writes love letters to her and releases them anonomously into cyberspace. Sort of cute and romantic, but also sort of sad.
"The goregeous girl who sits in front of me in biology that I'm afraid to talk to. I wish I could talk to her. I want to tell her she's beautiful and that I love her. I wish I could tell her how I feel..."

2) The girl whose name is Brittney
These ones are pretty easy to pick out. They're basically a paragraph about how awesome people named Brittney are.
"A goregeous, smart, popular girl who everybody loves"

3) The girl who is in a cat-fight with a Brittney
These ones get pretty nasty. Usually fowl language is involved.
"A dirty %#! skankbag who nobody likes. If she can read this, she's too high on her &#%! self to realise it's about her. What a #(@%^'ing  %#*#)@."

4) The person who accepts all stereotypes as fact.
Usually Britney Spears, preppiness, boy-craziness, and stupidity are involved.
"A popular girl who is also crazy. She probably can't read, but the boys like her anyway cause she's pretty. Example: Brittney Spears."

It's kind of like people watching. You can tell a lot about a person's life by what they have to say about other people (or themselves).

No comments:

Post a Comment