Thursday, June 9, 2011

Battle of the Boys- Thor Edition

I learnt something about myself last week.

I'm a lot more boy crazy than I like to admit. How did I discover this?

Well, it was a dark and stormy night...actually, no. It was a pleasant and sunny evening. Since I'm Canadian, you'd think I'd be out tanning or tossing a frisbee or something (the best of us get out and enjoy the warmth- we all know it's fleeting). You'd be wrong, though. See, I pretty much fail at being Canadian, so I was hanging out at the movie theatre with my buddy. We were going to see the latest superhero movie to come out, Thor.

 I usually like superhero movies. There's plenty of action, a plot (if not a decently thought out one), and cool music. However, in terms of what I usually look for in a superhero movie, I found that Thor was lacking.

But it made no difference to me, because they hired beautiful actors to play the leads. While my comic book junkie friend eagerly soaked in the plot, I started playing "battle of the boys". Basically, this involved choosing and then rooting for the most crush-worthy guy, regardless of whether or not he was the "hero".

In the red corner, there was the guy they got to play Thor (the hero). He was absolutely goregeous, with ocean blue eyes, a bit of masculine scruff, and shoulder length, golden blonde hair. Also, they let him wear normal clothing for a good chunk of the movie (+10 points, considering that he looked pretty excellent in a T-shirt).

In the blue corner, there was the guy who played Loki (the villian). He had pretty ice-blue eyes, a charmingly quiet, mischievious demeanor, was clean shaven with dark hair and...a very slight Irish accent. He was dressed like Neo from The Matrix meets Frodo from Lord of the Rings for most of the movie (-10 points).


Who won?

I was torn, they were both so cute.

But someone was down for the count. 3...2...1...KO!

Who was it?

Loki wins!!!

Because as much as I love seeing a man with stunning eyes look amazing in a T-shirt, Irish accents always win for me. They're just so warm and pretty sounding. In fact, sometomes I think my life plan should involve me running off to Ireland to find a boyfriend (it would have the added bonus of turning me from an average Jane into "The Exotic Canadian"). So, anyway, I went ahead and rooted for the bad guy. The entire time.

He (predictably) lost. I was sad. It sucked. Oh well, I thought, maybe next time they'll do the responsible thing and give the lead the irish accent...

No comments:

Post a Comment